@mkhdznfq published an interesting write-up of this year’s FLARE On challenge number eight at https://mokhdzanifaeq.github.io/2017/10/17/flareon-2017/. He used Frida to instrument the challenge’s Android app. This allowed him to easily obtain the required data without the need for deep static analysis or setting up a debugging environment. I decided to try the tool to aid in reverse engineering. While most of the tutorials I’ve discovered focus on using Frida on Android in this post, I will cover some of my first experiences with Frida for instrumenting Windows PE files.
One Reply to “Using Frida for Reverse Engineering”
I can only read the introduction paragraph for your last 3 posts – I think something went wrong there 😉 However, I really enjoyed your other posts.